Title: Developing Advocacy in Schools for Racial Justice, Equality and Diversity
Speaker: Susan Elderfield
Date: 8th July 2021
Audience: Leaders, governors, parents, clergy, members of diocesan departments (in Westminster and beyond)
Aim: To develop advocacy in schools for racial justice, equality and diversity
- Explain the processes and responsibilities (legal and faith) in developing advocacy in schools.
- Support stakeholders in developing a self-evaluation and audit and offer guidance for policies and safeguarding.
- Explore the essential building blocks of a just, equal and diverse community and how to develop these to create a positive culture.
- Support leaders to effect necessary change and offer them tools and language to do this.
- Provide ideas on how to dialogue and listen to each other as well as create a ‘safe place and a brave space’ for all those in our school community.