New Chair of Governor Training Course – Monday 3rd and Wednesday 5th October
Aim: The AIM of this course is to provide new Chairs of Governors (and others) in Catholic schools with the knowledge and expertise to manage this important role with confidence. This course takes place over three sessions.
- A reminder of the three core functions and six key features of effective governance of a Catholic school.
- The key responsibilities of the Chair of Governors in a Catholic school including:
- Ensuring effective functioning of the board and strategic focus
- Setting expectations
- Providing leadership & direction:
- Working as an effective team
- Key relationships including Headteacher, Diocese, Local Authority and Trust
- Knowing how to drive improvement in your board so that your board can drive improvement in your school and being a Chair of a Catholic school in challenging times.
Course Lead: Deb Long