NEW CHAIR OF GOVERNORS TRAINING – ONLINE COURSE
COURSE LEADS: Deb Long
The AIM of this course is to provide new Chairs of Governors (and others) in Catholic schools with the knowledge and expertise to manage this important role with confidence.
- A reminder of the three core functions and six key features of effective governance of a Catholic school
- The key responsibilities of the Chair of Governors in a Catholic school including:
– Ensuring effective functioning of the board and strategic focus
– Setting expectations
- Providing leadership & direction
– Working as an effective team
– Key relationships including Headteacher, Diocese, Local Authority and Trust
- Knowing how to drive improvement in your board so that your board can drive improvement in your school and being a Chair of a Catholic school in challenging times.