TARGET AUDIENCE: Those who wish to sit on admission appeals panel or wish know more about the operation of panels.
The AIM of this course is to promote best practice in the handling of admission appeals and to meet statutory requirements for the training of appeals panel members.
- The legal framework for admission appeals
- The School Admissions Appeals Code 2012, including:
- The constitution of panels
- The appeals procedure
- The role of the Chair
- The role of the Clerk
- The role of the panel member
- A mock appeals panel hearing