Title: Unconscious Bias
Speaker: Orlene Badu
Date: 29th September 2021
Teachers, leaders, governors, parents, clergy, members of diocesan departments (in Westminster and beyond)
Aim: Participants will learn and understand why and how unconscious bias can affect the decisions we make about others and the impact it has on productivity and outcomes.
- An introduction to what unconscious bias is (and what it isn’t).
- An understanding of how to create greater awareness of our own unconscious biases and manage them effectively.
- Identify how unconscious bias affects your school’s performance.
- Understand how all staff can apply bias awareness in their roles.
- Reflection on how your own biases may positively support you but can negatively impact others.